5 April 2012

Back to Basics

This week I had the pleasure of completing a necklace for a very generous lady. She happened to see my collection in Stephanie's Shop & mentioned to my mom that she had just inherited her grandmothers jewelry. Willingly, she dropped of her Gma's jewelry box full of beautiful pieces... for me to have. In return, I created a multi-layer gold necklace & sent it to her. Doing this makes me so happy! It reminds me of how my business started years ago. I am so honored to work with jewelry that has so much history & sentimental value. The quality of materials used to create costume jewelry is stellar; that is why I love modernizing it... making something you want to wear. That is so much better then sitting in the back of your closet collecting dust. Right?

 So many options...
 I chose to pair a tribal inspired chain with more delicate silver & gold chains 
I added many layers to help create balance and depth with this piece. I am excited to receive Ann's reaction to her redesigned piece!

Were you lucky enough to have your grandmother's jewelry handed down to you? Don't know what to do with it? I can help! It would be my pleasure to work with you & the jewels and come up with piece(s) you would love to wear! Contact me at alexacollections@gmail.com if this idea interests you :)

No comments:

Post a Comment