2 February 2012

wrappin'

The girls & I took a little road trip to The Harrison Hot Springs only to find it is more a summer town than winter one. The restaurants were closed & the streets were deserted. Our day trip turned into a 20 minute one. On our way back we stumbled upon a cute little ma & pa rock/gem shop (open year round). The Happy Prospector is a jewelry makers dream. With their wide array of both local & rare stones they had me drooling. The owner Jody is a jewelry enthusiast. She has crazy wire wrapping skills & offers how-to classes....that's right she is willing to teach you her technique. Obviously I took her up on the offer & returned for a two hour one on one wire wrapping class. Jody is wonderful at guiding you through the process (a very patient lady). I am so excited to integrate my learnings into new pieces, you better prepare yourself for the spring alexa collection...just sayin :)
Such beauties so many to choose from
Oh man what did I get myself in to?
Building the base
Creating the top hook
"Crocheting" the sides
Creating the side swirls
Ta Da!

A BIG thank you to Jody for teaching me this unique technique. Interested in the class or her shop? Check out more information at http://www.happyprospector.ca/
Join their group on Facebook!

Special thanks to Lauren over at de[luxe] design studios for tagging along & documenting the process with these awesome pics!
Become friends with de[luxe] design studios on Facebook!




No comments:

Post a Comment