3 July 2012

Week of Weddings- Lora

Hopefully by now I am not too sunburnt. Anywho, today I am so excited to have my best friend & matron of honor share her wedding story. Lora & I met working at the same boutique in college. Now, she is the manager/buyer at Stephanie's Shop  in St. Paul MN. If you happen to be in that area check it out. 
I like to think that my wedding day contributed in some small way to Ally's engagement. The story my husband and I tell is that our wedding was so romantic that Ally's then-boyfriend just had to propose the next day. Of course, there's a little more to it than that;)
After all the months of planning and agonizing over the smallest details (yes, including shoes!), the best moments of our wedding day were the completely unexpected ones. We love the city we live in, so we had both our ceremony and reception in a gorgeous hotel in downtown Minneapolis. One of my favorite parts of the day was walking down the city streets right after the ceremony and seeing all of our familiar surroundings, but now as a married couple.
Having my best friends stand up next to me while we said our vows was one of the most emotional parts of the day. As one of my bridesmaids, Ally did so much to make the day go perfectly. But I could tell that she had a lot on her mind that day. Her boyfriend came into town just in time for the wedding and she only had a couple days to spend with him and her family. I know she was anxious to take the next step in their relationship and she wasn't shy about telling anyone! So when it came time for me to toss my bouquet, I wasn't surprised to see Ally inching her way toward the front. But she was surrounded by some seriously tall girls so I didn't think she had any chance of catching it. After I sent the bouquet flying, I spun around to see that Ally had literally jumped higher than anyone else and almost crushed my husband's niece to make sure she caught the bouquet.
That was one of the most memorable moments because she got engaged the next day! (Her boyfriend was obviously already planning that, but I still think her catching the bouquet didn't hurt.) We also got these great pictures of Ally's catch!
I can't wait to help this fabulous couple make their own amazing memories on their wedding day!
{special thanks to Shuttersmack for the pohotos}

No comments:

Post a Comment