5 January 2012

Product Face Off



It is time for a product face off! We have DiorShow Mascara facing off against the newbie on the block They're Real! Mascara from Benefit. DiorShow has been my go to mascara since well, highschool. So when the sales chica at Sephora talked me into Benefit's newest mascara I couldn't believe I had caved. 

Benefit's They're Real! Mascara {$22.00} has a high gloss formula. The unique wand allows you to coat every eyelash (even the ones you didn't know you had). The wand is very easy to manage and I found I had less oops smudges after applying.  Each individual eyelash looked longer than it actually was. However, the overall eye came off a bit piecey to me. My eyelashes are not all the same length; the middle ones were extremely long looking while the corners were just peeking out.  The new formula does not come in a waterproof option which unfortunately counts as a strike in my eyes ( I have to be able to wear it to yoga). To me it looks like you are wearing a lot of mascara when you use this product. I would wear this if I wanted to create a twiggy-like dramatic eye using several coats.

DiroShow Mascara {$24.50} offers several different formulas I use the jet black waterproof. I have tried all others but this one is my favorite. The wand is thicker (which I love) but takes a bit more time getting used to. I often have a bit more oops smudges then I would like but nothing a q-tip with vaseline can't fix. Once you have mastered the wand the payoff is huge. The wand is coated with just the right amount of mascara allowing it to go on light and smooth. While i highly recommend curling your lashes before applying any mascara this product is designed to enhance your natural curl. With just one swipe across your eyelashes look full and elegant.  I often get mistaken for wearing fake eyelashes with this mascara. DiorShow creates a fuller looking eye without weighing down each individual lash unlike Benefits. I usually wear only one coat but have played around with two even three to create a more dramatic effect. Overall I would have to stick with this cult classic to me it is worth the $2.50 more. This mascara will take you from everyday to going out.

No comments:

Post a Comment