16 August 2012

Bouilli- Let's eat!

Bouilli? Bo what? Three years ago I was introduced to this one pot wonder. I didn't know what to expect when I joined my in-laws for a yearly family tradition. I was in for a treat! Now, each year I eagerly await for bouilli day. It is an all day extravaganza full of wine, family, laughter, & tons of fun. This warm flavorful dish was the perfect way to brighten up a rather dull & dreary day this past weekend.

My brother-in-law uses his grandfather's cauldron to prepare a rather hodge-podge of a dish. It cooks for hours on an open flame. What all goes into it? Corn on the cob, rutabaga, cabbage, carrots, potatoes, turnips, pork, beef, chicken (they add this one especially for me) boiled in water/natural juices of all those delicious ingredients. The dish is served with bucatini noodles which are boiled in the broth from the cauldron. Besides this meal being absolutely delicious, it embodies family, history, & togetherness. I love that the tradition carries on & I get to be part of it.
Handsome Man 
"The Cauldron"
The set up
 It's ready
The best part, really
Meat selection 
Love this
Trust me it tastes as good as it looks!








No comments:

Post a Comment